The E-Learning / Distance Learning Service provides technical support and program coordination which includes individual classes, the development of sequence of studies through virtual and physical seat exchanges, online courses, and hybrid offerings. Access to Moodle, IP video conferencing, bridging services for multipoint voice and video conferencing, web conferencing and in-person meetings are used.
Courses and virtual learning experiences are designed for Sullivan County schools, students, and staff and may include high school courses, specialized content courses, unit projects, and professional development.
This service also enables participating districts to effectively use Sullivan County BOCES Distance Learning Network via traditional or mobile distance learning classrooms (synchronous, asynchronous) and web-assisted options (virtual schools) for student courses and staff development.
Each participating district is able to simultaneously broadcast to numerous locations, students and staff at locations throughout the county and beyond. They are linked in a dynamic learning environment. Communication is multi-way, opening new dimensions for dialogue, education equity and opportunity.
Through bridge connections, districts have the ability to link to virtual field trips and video conferencing sites. The Coser also offers the availability for online college-credit bearing courses for high school / college students.
• Maintaining a listserv for communication with, and among participants
• Support local, regional, and state collaborative initiatives
• Planning, purchasing, and maintenance of equipment as it relates to the
distance learning service
• Equipment may include video conferencing endpoints, firewall transversal
units, mobile cart components, and other related equipment
• Configuration and support for video endpoints and gatekeeper registration
• Support and maintenance of a regional video conferencing bridge system
• Support for point-to-point and multi-point bridge calls between endpoints
within the regional network and outside the regional network
• Coordination and facilitation of curriculum and video content providers
• Coordination of all service provider content registration and billing
• Training for end-users and coordination of meetings