Graphic Arts Classroom
Teacher: Derek Dalton
Grades: HS - C&T
Phone Number: (845) 295-4185
Commercials, posters, billboards, signage, logos, greeting cards, giftwrap, flyers, leaflets, brochures, catalogs, websites, cell phones, books,magazines, newspapers, exhibits, movies, videos, maps, packaging, calendars...Graphic Design is a diverse field that touches people's lives 24/7.
In YEAR ONE, students are introduced to the Creative, Technical and Workplace Skills needed to either enter college or become a successful entry-level professional.
CREATIVE and TECHNICAL
|• Basic Design
|• Computer Software
||• Self Discipline|
||• Problem Solving|
|• Manual Dexterity
||• Time Management|
|• Professional Behavior
In YEAR TWO, students:
• Practice and integrate the skills introduced in Year One
• Are required to provide targeted solutions to marketing problems through Design
Projects that are more complex, more challenging and of a longer duration than those
in Year One
• Prepare portfolios that demonstrate their...
... range of technical ability
... creative interpretation of design theory
• Learn about Production Methods
• Model professional behavior, in preparation for college and the workplace
• Assess their technical knowledge and creative and practical skills, by participating
in the NOCTI* Advertising and Design exam.
* National Occupational Competency Testing Institute