Subject: Duties of the Clerk of the Board (1312)
The Clerk of the Board of Cooperative Educational Services shall be appointed by the Board at its Annual Reorganizational Meeting and shall perform the duties prescribed by Education Law and the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education.
All official records and proceedings of the Board of Cooperative Educational Services shall be recorded and kept by the Clerk of the Board.
The Clerk shall, in addition:
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Cooperative Educational Services and furnish copies of minutes within a reasonable time to each member of the Board of Cooperative Educational Services, the District Superintendent, Treasurer, and to such other persons as the Board shall direct;
- Be responsible for full and accurate minutes of the meetings of the Board;
- Give notice of all special meetings of the Board;
- Post and publish notices required by law.
- Make arrangements for and be responsible for the details of the Annual Meeting;
- Conduct the Reorganizational Meeting until a President and Vice President are sworn in;
- Upon direction from the Board of Cooperative Educational Services, countersign on behalf of the Board all formal documents required to be countersigned by law or custom.
The Clerk of the Board shall serve for a period of one year, and serves at the pleasure of the Board.
Education Law Sections 1950(4)(j) and 2130
Public Officers Law Section 104