Subject: Duties of the President and Vice President (1311)
Duties of the President of the Board of Education
The President shall be a member of the Sullivan County Board of Cooperative Educational Services, and be elected by the Board at its Annual Organizational Meeting. The term of office for President shall be one year. The duties of the President are to:
- Preside at all meetings of the Board;
- Call special meetings of the Board when necessary or on request;
- Appoint all committees and fill any committee vacancies with the advice of other Board members;
- Act as an ex-officio member of all committees;
- Execute documents on behalf of the Board when so authorized;
- Receive all communications presented to the Board;
- Enforce the by-laws and rules of order;
- Discharge responsibilities imposed by law, and to perform the other usual and ordinary duties of the office and such duties as may be specified from time to time by the Sullivan County Board of Cooperative Educational Services.
Duties of the Vice President
The Vice President shall be a member of the Board, elected by the Board at its Annual Organizational Meeting, and shall serve for a period of one year. The Vice President shall perform such duties as the President or the Board of Cooperative Educational Services may prescribe. The Vice President shall perform the normal duties of the President in case of the absence or disability of the President.
In case of vacancy in the office of the President, the Vice President shall act as President until a President is elected.
Education Law Section 1950(4)(j)