Subject: Duties of the Treasurer (1313)
The Treasurer of the Board of Cooperative Educational Services shall be appointed by the Board at its Annual Organizational Meeting and shall serve for a period of one year. It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to:
- Receive all money due to the Board of Cooperative Educational Services, deposit same in banks designated by the Board, and have general responsibility for the custody of the funds of the BOCES. All moneys to be paid out shall be by check drawn on depositories after approval by the Claims Auditor. All checks shall be signed by the Treasurer. The use of an electronic signature is authorized. The Board will designate back up signators at their reorganizational meeting.
- Keep a detailed account of the moneys received and receivable, disbursed and encumbered on each account and present such information to the Board of Cooperative Educational Services at each of its regular meetings.
- Submit such additional accounts and reports as are required by law, by Commissioner's Regulations, or by the Board of Cooperative Educational Services.
- Safeguards either his/her electronic signature and/or the check-signing machine and signature plate, personally overseeing all preparation of checks;
- Assumes other duties customary to the office.
Before entering upon the duties of the office, the Treasurer shall be bonded. The Board of Cooperative Educational Services shall purchase a bond to cover the Treasurer in such amount as the Board shall annually designate.
Education Law Sections 2122, 2130 and 2523
Local Finance Law Sections 163 and 165
8 NYCRR Sections 170.2 (g), 170.2(o) and 170.2(p)
9 NYCRR Section 540.4
Adopted: 7/10/12 Revised: 7/8/14