Here are some tips to encourage children to wear masks:
- Host a Family practice session – How to put it on. Clean hands. A good fit. How to remove it. Sanitize or wash after use. Demo on a stuffed animal.
- Let them pick their own. Decorate it! Make sure it’s a good fit – not too loose and not uncomfortable.
- Encourage the thoughtfulness of others. Explain the avoidance of germs for self and others. Use the Super-Hero comparison!
- Refresher on healthy habits – regular handwashing, use of tissues, cough into elbows. Masks are now included in daily hygiene.
- Family creative time – invent a rhyme or tune about using masks. Praise for use without being told!
- Teach by Example – Wear yours and point out how others are doing their part.