In the News: Health Updates
Public Health Organizations:Sullivan County Public Health Services Updates:****** ADVISORIES / INFORMATION ******
June 14th: Statement on Legislation Removing Non-Medical Exemption from School Vaccination Requirements
As you know, areas of New York State are currently experiencing a measles outbreak, including the lower Hudson Valley and parts of New York City. Measles spreads easily and can be dangerous to anyone who is not vaccinated.
Information from Public Health Services:
- Informational Letter from Sullivan County Public Health Services
- Top 4 Things Parents need to know about Measles
- Top 4 Things Parents need to know about Measles - Spanish version
- Measles Questions and Answers
- Additional Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
If you have questions about measles or the measles vaccine, do not hesitate to call the New York State Measles Hotline at 888-364-4837.
- It's Spring–Time to Prevent Lyme Disease - CDC Guidance
- CDC Guidance for (K-12) School Administrators for School Responses to Influenza during the 2009-2010 School Year - Aug 7, 2009