Distance / Online Learning (Coser 457)Contact InformationSusan Zieres Teeple, CoordinatorPhone:(845) 295-4049 or e-mail email@example.com"Facilitating teaching and learning by using interactiveaudio and video technologies."
This Coser provides access to and support of virtual learning opportunities including online and blended courses, distance learning classes, virtual field trips and videoconferencing. Specialists will work with key district personnel to customize e-learning programs to meet your district’s instructional needs.
This service provides:
- Access and training to a Learning Management System (Schoology, Edmodo, Google Classroom)
- IP videoconferencing opportunities and resources.
- Option to purchase online course content from various content providers, including one day of training to support purchases (additional days of training may be purchased).
- Fully online or blended courses facilitated by NYS certified teachers (Advanced Placement, Credit Recovery, Electives, Initial Credit) at an additional per seat cost which includes:
- Frequent communication with guidance counselors and/or principals to monitor student progress.
- On-site student orientation.
- NYS certified teacher of record.
- Rolling admissions.
- New Technologies and learning methodologies are researched and evaluated.
- Access to statewide information and courses provided through the New York State Distance Learning Consortium www.nysdlc.org