Welcome, Students and Parents
Providing you with the information that helps you is very important to us. So, if there is any information that you would like to see included within this section please e-mail us at email@example.com to let us know.
Important Links:Notices:Parents Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
- A student’s personally identifiable information (PII) cannot be sold or released by Sullivan BOCES for any commercial or marketing purposes;
- Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child's education record including any student data stored or maintained by the BOCES. This right of inspection is consistent with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). In addition to the right of inspection of the educational record, Education Law §2-d provides a specific right for parents to inspect or receive copies of any data in the student’s educational record. NYSED will develop policies and procedures pertaining to this right some time in the future.
- State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of PII, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including, but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
- A complete list of all student data elements collected by the State is available for public review at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/sirs/documentation/NYSEDstudentData.xlsx, or parents may obtain a copy of this list by writing to the Office of Information & Reporting Services, New York State Education Department, Room 863 EBA, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234.
- Parents have the right to file complaints with the BOCES about possible privacy breaches of student data by the BOCES’ third-party contractors or their employees, officers, or assignees, or with NYSED. Complaints regarding student
data breaches should be directed to
Dr. Debra Fuchs-Nadeau, Compliance Officer-Student Concerns, 6 Wierk Avenue, Liberty, NY 12754 / (845) 295-4030 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints to NYSED should be directed in writing to the Chief Privacy Officer, New York State Education Department, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany NY 12234, email to CPO@mail.nysed.gov. The complaint process is under development and will be established through regulations to be proposed by NYSED’s Chief Privacy Officer, who has not yet been appointed.
- Medicaid Compliance: (Click for details)
- Sun Screen Notice:
Schools are no longer required to obtain a medical provider order to allow a student to carry and use sunscreen in school if:
- The sunscreen is used for the purpose of avoiding overexposure to the sun and not for medical treatment of an injury or illness;
- The sunscreen is approved by the FDA for over-the-counter use; and
- The student's parent or guardian provides written permission for the student to carry and use sunscreen.
A student who is unable to physically apply sunscreen may be assisted by unlicensed personnel when directed to do so by the student, if permitted by a parent or guardian and authorized by the school.
- PRASAD Children's Dental Health Programs (Click for details)